The gambling and casino scene in South Korea is well organized and well structured, based throughout the major cities. South Korean casinos are quite popular too. As per the statistics of 2009, Korea casinos were the seventh largest casino market in the world with a revenue equivalent to US$2.4 billion online casino.
The growth of casino culture in Korea is a result of the phenomenal increase in Korean tourism over the last decade. It is quite likely that casinos contributed substantially to the upswing in tourism in this highly urbanized East Asian country.
Interestingly, gambling in Korea was restricted to placing bets on horses until 2000. However, within a short time, the scenario underwent a sweeping change when the country lifted the ban on gambling, paving the way for more than 20 casinos to scatter across the entire country . Online casinos nevertheless had to struggle to make their presence felt in this country as the government was reluctant to allow land-based casinos to operate on the Internet. The situation seems to have changed now with more than 130 online casinos operating in Korea, a clear fact that the online gambling fad has also bitten this country’s population.
If you are playing Korean casinos online or, for that matter, any game play that accepts bets online, a well-researched review is something you cannot do without. Here are a few tips that will help you find a reliable site that will provide quality entertainment and a great gaming experience.
Try To Get Answers To The Following Questions:
* Is the casino licensed in a trusted jurisdiction?
* Is the online site operated by a reputable Korean casinos software provider?
* Does the casino offer fair payout percentages and returns to players?
* Is the casino offering a good casino bonus with fair betting requirements?
* Has the online casino a fair selection of games to choose from with a variety in each category, such as Progressives, Slots, Video Slots, Poker, and Blackjack to name a few?
Even if you feel confident enough that you have done thorough research, nothing beats evaluating the system on your own. Remember, rogue online casinos exist in Korea, too, as elsewhere in the world. Rogue casinos do not credit due bonuses you earn, delay or default in crediting withdrawals, and sometimes don’t make payments. Weeding out the dicey ones from among the numerous positive sites spread on the Internet, though not easy, can be done. Just look out for the following:
* See if the site provides the name of the owner with an address. If it does not, then exit the site in a jiffy and for good.
* If the owner is mentioned, find out if the company is listed on the native stock exchange and if it offers online gaming too. If the answer is yes to both questions, then you are in the safe zone.
Go ahead and play in online casinos. Just make sure the one you choose from among the various South Korea casinos is reputable and has passed all the stringent checks made by the best reviewers-and most importantly by you.